See all jobs in Skippack PA
Job Location: Skippack, PA
H&K Group, Inc.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2020-1310
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The H&K Group, Inc. seeks to fill the position of Quality Control Technician for the northern region. Experience in testing aggregate and asphalt concrete is preferred, but not required. Pay is commensurate with experience and ability.
Technicians are the personnel, within the company, that assure compliance with quality standards. Assurance is accomplished by monitoring asphalt, stone and sand production, stockpiling, and load-out. Materials are tested for compliance both on the production side and the shipment side. It is the Technicians' duty to record and distribute results to those who need them.
The QC Technician is the Company conduit between Materials production facilities and the Agencies and customers that use the products and should be capable of comporting themselves in an appropriate manner. Technicians are the product information centers, providing reports and certificates as needed.
The applicant should be aware this is NOT a bench-job in a laboratory wearing a white coat. Aggregate and Asphalt technicians are required to physically exert themselves and get dirty. Though it is not a desk job, computer knowledge and organizational skills are required on a daily basis. A working knowledge of algebra and statistics is a tremendous asset.
Previous experience working with aggregates and bituminous materials is preferred, but not required.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Must have math skills sufficient to perform AASHTO and ASTM procedure calculations.
- Must have rudimentary ability to use computers, spreadsheets, and word processors.
- Must have strength and dexterity to handle samples as large as 80 pounds.
- Should enjoy working in a team environment, willing to help others complete their tasks.
- Ability to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Willing to work necessary schedule which may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Basic knowledge of crushing and asphalt plants is preferred.
- Attainment of NECEPT technician qualification within eighteen months of date of hire.
- Follow and assure compliance with Quality Control and Quality Assurance plans.
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment.
- Read and follow H&K Group Employee handbook protocol and procedures.
- Sample and test materials following standard practices and Quality plans.
- Maintain test records and assure compliance with Company and Agency specifications.
- Analyze product test data.
- Calibrate and maintain test equipment to standards.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with Plant Operations staff, Agency representatives, and Quality Control Supervision.
- Commit to creating, and continuing to develop, a knowledge base.
- Work with Sales team to address customer issues.
- Innovate new ways to accomplish new goals.
- Maintain an exemplary attendance record.
- Valid drivers' license.
- Pre-employment drug screening and physical examine (at company cost).
- Basic computer skills. E-mail, spreadsheet, work processor.
- Ability to follow complicated
- Ability to operate efficiently in a stressful atmosphere.
- High level organizational skills.
- NECEPT Bituminous Plant and Aggregate Certification.
- Experience in construction materials production processes.
- High School graduate (or equivalent).
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.