- Inc. has an opportunity available for an Aerospace Engineer focused in modeling & simulation for aircraft power, thermal, and propulsion systems research to join our team working with the Aerospace Systems Directorate of Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The Research Engineer will provide design and performance analysis of multi-disciplinary aircraft power, thermal, and propulsion systems. This individual will apply a broad knowledge of aircraft systems along with expertise in modeling propulsion, power, or thermal management systems. This role will also provide numerical analysis, apply system optimization methods, multiphysics simulation, and mode-based design. Proficiency with modeling environments such as MATLAB/Simulink, Sysml, and Eclipse will be highly desirable.
- B.S. Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering is required. An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D. is preferred
- Broad knowledge of aircraft systems along with expertise in modeling propulsion, power, or thermal systems is required
- Experience with numerical analysis optimization methods, multiphysics simulation and model-based design is highly desirable
- Proficiency with modeling environments such as MATLAB/Simulink, NPSS Sysml and Eclipse is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.