Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
- Test all equipment and control functions of new controls established or designated by First Solar Controls dept.
- Download new software changes/upgrades specified by the Controls Dept. and maintain current software databases for Base Plant
- Assist IT Dept. with the set up, installation, and testing of all communication devices for PLC's.
- Identify, research, prepare and present solutions to control problems and continuous improvement projects
- Document and follow-up problems relating to controls
- Provide all written documentation for indication of proper testing on all projects submitted from the Controls Dept.
- Provide timely, constructive feedback to personnel concerning project status and concerns
- Assist new equipment commissioning technicians to verify that their testing of control systems is done correctly and efficiently completed
- Research, prepare and present solutions to problems
- Responsible to interface with other Company and Supplier Representatives
- Maintains effective communications levels and fosters team work
- Ensures adherence to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards
- Interfaces effectively and cooperatively with other Departments
- Performs predictive and preventative maintenance on any or all production equipment
- Develops and implements new electrical preventative maintenance tasks, procedures, and schedules
- Perform additional tasks as assigned, from the Controls Technician Lead.
• 3-7 years of electrical/electronic/controls experience
• Associate Degree in Electrical, Robotics, or Electronic Engineering (preferred)
- Extremely strong, proven Excel skills required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, logical reasoning, written and verbal persuasion/communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities required
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push or pull on a seldom basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on a frequent basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)