* This position can reside in either of our Gainesville or West Palm Beach, FL offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor assigned lawsuits to conclusion and keep claims files organized and up to date
- Oversee the timely disposition of litigated claims
- Develop an appropriate initial litigation plan with defense counsel
- Follow up on all additional investigation, discovery, and the production of related documents
- Handle complex property claims or unusual claims
- Negotiate and settle claims
- Attend mediations and trial as needed (overnight travel from time to time is required)
- Analyze/evaluate insurance policy coverage questions and claims
- Present high level summaries of litigated files to an executive audience
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and a minimum of five years insurance claims related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and legal experience; strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Certificates Licenses, Registrations
Florida 620 All-lines adjuster
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to write reports and business correspondence to an executive level audience. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and attorneys. Knowledge of legal procedures and practices.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.