See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Information Security to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Director Information Security has accountability for establishing, executing, and directing the cyber security, digital security, and data privacy initiatives across the organization to mitigating risk. This role is both tactical and strategic. It is responsible for managing the reporting, investigation, and resolution of data security incidents. In addition, the role provides guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of data and information and ensuring compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain information security strategy and roadmap .Act as the primary lead for implementing and configuring security tools (endpoint protection, email security, cloud security, etc.) in coordination with IT.
- Be the focal point for security, privacy/data protection, and data governance policy across the organization.
- Organize and drive cross-functional projects with legal, IT, compliance, and other functional teams to prioritize security initiatives and ensure implementation and mitigation.
- Develop, maintain, and report corporate information security metrics. Ensure that the organization's senior management is aware of information-security-related advice and recommendations impacting the organization.
- Develop, implement, and oversee data-security and data-privacy policies, procedures, standards, and incident response plans to manage risk to an acceptable level while meeting business and compliance requirements of the organization.
- Ensure that all information owned, collected, or controlled by or on behalf of the company is processed, stored and destroyed in accordance with applicable laws and internal policies.
- Monitor compliance with data-privacy regulations and internal-data-protection policies.
- Evaluate security incidents and determine if sensitive information has been compromised and when information pertaining to such incidents needs to be escalated to the organization's incident-response team and/or top management. Implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Oversee scheduled vulnerability scanning and patch management plan.
- Coordinate or perform vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, security reviews, threat modeling, and other activities to manage and objectively.
- Develop and maintain a security monitoring and audit log reviewing process.
- Manage third-party audits and penetration tests.
- Act as a subject matter expert on various information security topics throughout the organization, and inform and advise employees on applicable data protection requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a four year accredited college or university with a minimum of 7 years of experience in information security or related role is required.
A professional security management certification such as CISSP, CISO, CISM, and/or CISA is preferred. Project management experience highly desired.
Successful track record of helping to implement security initiatives and frameworks. Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security, privacy and/or data security such as GDPR and CCPA.
Knowledge of and experience with security standards/frameworks such as NIST, CSF, and other relevant frameworks.
Ability to operate at detailed level on information security matters as well as provide strategic guidance.
Ability to communicate regulatory and technical concepts in plain language to variety of audiences.
Ability to collaborate with others to make decision. Ability to influence others without direct line of reporting. Ability to manage multiple complex priorities without express authority over delivery teams.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.