See all jobs in Canton OH
Job Location: Canton, OH
Job Title: Project Representative- Construction Inspector - (206)
Organizational Unit: Construction Services - CS (00.09X.090)
Location: Canton, OH, US 44702
Job Type: Full-time
Exemption Type: Non-Exempt
Education: High School / GED
Travel: 10 - 20%
Job Title: Project Representative- Inspector
Type: Full Time
Location: Canton, OH
Company: The Thrasher Group, Inc.
Division: Construction Services
The Thrasher Group is a growing multi-disciplinary firm with roots planted in the Mid-Atlantic. With 9 offices in 6 states. we are hard-charging problem solvers with a heart for home and family. At Thrasher we don't just rise to the occasion, we actively go out and make things happen. We're always ready to roll up our sleeves and tackle the challenges that might give others pause. When there are high expectations to solve complex infrastructure and environmental needs, we naturally come through with the resources required to help communities and industries thrive. Consistently working with initiative and resourcefulness is the common thread that runs through everything we do and forms the basis for the deep relationships we forge.
We're looking for an ODOT Qualified- Project Inspector , or someone with the ability to become qualified quickly. ACI and NICET certifications are preferred,as well as the skillset to oversee various project types in, and around the Canton, OH office. As a member of the team you will work on a variety of projects, implement and oversee quality assurance, and meet all deadlines. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Observing the contractor's workmanship
- Preparing daily field reports
- Photo documentation of each site
- Providing inspection for various utility, construction and renovation projects
- Read and interpret construction plans and project specifications
- Inspect pipeline for proper bedding and alignment in trenches
- Examine trenches for stones or debris which may damage pipeline
- Inspect the materials and installation methods in accordance with the approved plans and specifications
- Check drawings
- Prepare and maintain construction reports
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
- A minimum of 2 years of inspection experience is preferred
- Have or possess the ability to obtain ODOT Certifications such as, but not limited to ODOT Project Inspector, Soil Compaction, Asphalt Testing, Coils & Aggregate Inspection, Flexible Pavement, Traffic Zone
- ACI Concrete Field Inspector Certification is desired
- OSHA 10 Certification, with verification
Salary Range: N/A
Travel Required: Yes
Supervisory Status: No
Management Focus: No
The Thrasher Group has had a history of excellence for over 36 years. Ranked in the Top 500 Design Firms by the Engineering News Record, we are an innovative multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, environmental, survey, and construction services firm that delivers successful projects to both public and private clientele. Our dedication to creative design solutions, well-managed projects, and exceptional customer service has made Thrasher one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region.
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"