Do you enjoy working in the Paint Industry? Do you want to work for a company that appreciates its employees and has been serving the community for over 85 years?
Do you have a knack for helping folks find solutions to their household projects?
The Norfolk Companies may be for you. We are currently seeking self-motivated, friendly, customer service driven candidate for our Paint Sales Associate role.
Norfolk Hardware & Home Center is seeing record customers and we are so excited to be able to provide the product & services needed to the community. Norfolk Hardware & Home Center takes pride is being the local place to shop for all you DIY needs, and we are growing our team.Requirements:
Candidates will be able to:
• Work with Customers to help them select the product for their projects
• Manage tinting and mixing machines with accuracy
• Explain variety of paints & application to customers
• Apply knowledge of merchandising concepts to drive sales
• Be flexible with availability including weekends
• Navigate company POS system as well as Microsoft applications
• Organize work area and able to manage multiple priorities
• Have a good aptitude with numbers & basic math skills
• Able to work with co-workers in all departments and autonomous
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years' experience working in a high-volume paint department
• Experience and knowledgeable of home improvement industry
• Extensive knowledge of paint specifications, tinting and vendors (Benjamin Moore preferred)
• Valid driver's license and clean RMV record. May on occasion deliver to customer
• Professional sales personality, demeanor and appearance
• Regularly required to talk and hear through customer interactions.
• Able to read fine print on product labels.
• Noise level for the work environment is quiet to noisy.
• Occasionally exposed to outside
• Be able to lift 45-75 lbs.
• Occasionally required to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch while working while working with machinery or product.