Certified Ford, Toyota, or CDJR Technician - Eligible for Relocation Assistance!
Job ID: 2020-1598
# of Openings: 3
Category: Skilled Labor-Trades
Keys Auto Center
Keys Auto Center is a division of the Warren Henry Auto Group, Automotive News’ Best Dealerships To Work For. If you have the drive, we have the career for you.
We are looking to add 3 trained Automotive Technicians (Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram/Ford) to our team. Relocation assistance in addition to competitive pay is available!
This position functions as a skilled technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order such as oil change, tune-ups, checking/replacing fluid levels and tire rotation with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair with use of testing and diagnostic equipment.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended using checklists.
- Communicates with service advisor and customers immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time. Provides labor and time estimates for additional work.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Valid Driver License.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction and information.
- Ability to use a computer to search for bulletins or technical information.
- Ability to provide your own tools. (All manufacturer specific/special tools will be supplied by the dealer to share).
- ASE certification is preferred.
- Must supply your own OSHA approved footwear.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS KEY:
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel C
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs C
51-100 lbs C
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs F
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound - diagnostic equipment, tones, mechanics
- Sense of Touch
- Sense of Balance
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – back brace, safety goggles, ear plugs, gloves, etc.
Summary of Benefits:
In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer awesome benefits like these:
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Incentives
- Relocation Assistance
- Long-term disability income protection (100% employer paid premium)
- Optional Short-term disability
- Life and Accident insurance (100% employer paid premium)
- Optional life buy-up, spousal and child coverages
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Legal service
- Lending service