Parts Runner - Jaguar/Land Rover North Dade
Job ID: 2020-1594
# of Openings: 1
The Parts Runner’s key responsibility is performing part pick up, delivering and picking up equipment, and fulfilling internal parts requests from the service department and parts department.
- Pulls orders for delivery to service, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and job number to ensure full credit from factory.
- Issues and tracks requested parts to technicians.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of issues with orders.
- Assists with new inventory assignments.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Ensures all internal requests for parts are billed on the service repair order.
- Enters into and maintains log of all deliveries.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Maintains organized, clean and safe work areas.
- Participates in all required trainings.
- Provides support to the Parts department as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or minimum one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to work various hours and weekends.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Unwavering commitment to ethical business practices.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA & Right-To-Know, etc.
- Preferred – Bilingual in English and Spanish.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually work near moving mechanical parts
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to loud.
- The employee must frequently lift and /or move more than 90 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – back brace, safety goggles, ear plugs, gloves, etc.