See all jobs in Key West FL
Job Location: Key West, FL
Job ID 2019-1505
Dealership Keys Auto Center
Salary Up to $17 Flat Rate Hourly (DOE)
Owner loyalty, customer satisfaction, and retention are the primary functions of the Express Service Technician. The Express Service Technician is also responsible for performing vehicle repair, inspections and maintenance work in accordance with dealer and factory standard standards.
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and acquire keys to vehicle.
- Perform a thorough safety check and multi point inspection to determine if any additional service work is required.
- Record inspection findings into the MPI system and move flags to request parts pricing or consultant assistance.
- Check for any related service actions or bulletins.
- Test every battery.
- Perform requested services. Express services must be completed in 60 minutes or less.
- Expedite Express repair orders to the main shop technicians if 60 minute promise cannot be met.
- Communicate with the parts department for any needed parts.
- Return and attach parts return receipt to the repair order for any warranty repairs.
- Place any customer requested saved parts into a plastic bag or box and place the items in the trunk of the customer's vehicle. Note the repair order that this task was completed.
- Turn in all removed parts to the parts department.
- Advise Service Consultant if repairs cannot be completed within time promised.
- Document a detailed description of the repair(s) performed to dealer and Infiniti standards.
- Road test vehicles as required. Notify shop foreman of any test drives that will take longer than 10 minutes.
- Verify that all repairs completed are correct and safe for vehicle return.
- Ensure the customer's vehicle is kept protected and clean during the repair process. Wipe down any dirt or grease before sending the vehicle to car wash.
- Keep stall area neat and keep floors free from spills or slippery fluids. Mop as needed.
- During any time a vehicle is not present in the stall the Express tech will clean the shop and shop equipment. This includes wiping down lifts, removing trash, removing tires, mopping and any other items that may need cleaning.
- If shop has been cleaned and a vehicle is not present in the stall Express tech will assist main shop techs and act in a helper/learning capacity.
- Express tech may be needed to fulfill other shop needs such as errands or assisting in a porter/driver capacity.
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations for disposing of hazardous waste.
- Use safety equipment and follow all safety rules when handling fluids and using equipment.
- Maintain all certifications and keep continuing education up to date with TOE and dealer standards.
- Maintain Compli and complete assigned modules in a timely manner.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance and uniform while performing job duties or away at training.
- Conduct yourself in a suitable fashion when in uniform and off of the dealership premises. Your conduct will reflect the dealership directly and you must display a positive image for Warren Henry
- Maintain a pleasant working relationship with all dealership employees.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction and information.
- Ability to use a computer to search for bulletins or technical information.
- ASE certification is preferred.