See all jobs in Miami FL
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job ID 2017-1264
Category Skilled Labor-Trades
This position functions as a skilled technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and acquire keys to vehicle.
- Perform a thorough safety check and multi point inspection to determine if any additional service work is required.
- Record inspection findings into the MPI system and move flags to request parts pricing or consultant assistance.
- Check for any related service actions or bulletins.
- Test every battery.
- Diagnose cause of malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Communicate with the parts department for any needed parts.
- Return and attach parts, return receipt to the repair order for any warranty repairs.
- Place any customer requested saved parts into a plastic bag or box and place the items in the trunk of the customer's vehicle. Note the repair order that this task was completed.
- Turn in all removed parts to the parts department.
- Advise Service Consultant if repairs cannot be completed within time promised.
- Document a detailed description of the repair(s) performed to dealer and manufacturer standards.
- Road test vehicles as required. Notify shop foreman of any test drives that will take longer than 10 minutes.
- Verify that all repairs completed are correct and safe for vehicle return.
- Ensure the customer's vehicle is kept protected and clean during the repair process. Wipe down any dirt or grease before sending the vehicle to car wash.
- Keep stall area neat and keep floors free from spills or slippery fluids. Mop as needed.
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations for disposing of hazardous waste.
- Use safety equipment and follow all safety rules when handling fluids and using equipment.
- Maintain all Manufacturer certifications and keep continuing education up to date with dealer standards.
- Maintain Compli and complete assigned modules in a timely manner.
- Maintain a well groomed appearance and uniform while performing job duties or away at training.
- Conduct yourself in a suitable fashion when in uniform and off of the dealership premises. Your conduct will reflect the dealership directly and you must display a positive image for Warren Henry Auto Group.
- Maintain a pleasant working relationship with all dealership
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Valid Driver License.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction and information.
- Ability to use a computer to search for bulletins or technical information.
- Ability to provide your own tools. (All manufacturer specific/special tools will be supplied by the dealer to share).
- ASE certification is preferred.
- Must supply your own OSHA approved footwear.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS KEY:
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel C
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs C
51-100 lbs C
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs F
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - diagnostic equipment, tones, mechanics
• Sense of Touch
• Sense of Balancef
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - back brace, safety goggles, ear plugs, gloves, etc.