We are seeking an energetic, proactive Assistant Production Supervisor to streamline production under the supervision of our Production Manager and Production Supervisors. As an Assistant Production Supervisor, your duties will include learning processes and equipment; developing relationships within the production departments; creating standard operating procedures; as well as understanding what goes into making a quality product all while still maintaining control over production related costs.
Successful candidates for this position should be able to demonstrate exceptional planning abilities, which would ultimately translate into tangible production results. The perfect Assistant Production Supervisor should be an excellent negotiator and someone that can act decisively when solving production issues.
Position Type + Hours:
This is a permanent full-time position. General hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Must have availability to work extended hours, nights, and weekends when necessary to meet deadlines. K+B offers competitive pay and benefits.
• Reporting to the Production Manager and Supervisors. Assisting them with administrative tasks like production schedules, overtime requirements, and paid time off requests.
• Appointing job responsibilities and working with the procurement department to ensure all production related equipment is in stock and ready for implementation to ensure a smooth-running production process.
• Ensuring that production is completed before deadlines. Overseeing quality control throughout the entire production process.
• Assessing and monitoring the efficiency of production equipment.
• Updating the Production Manager and Supervisors on the status of projects taking place within all production departments.
• Collaborating and coordinating production requirements with all other production department supervision and personnel.
• Developing and Implementing Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to production processes.
• Assisting in maintaining regulatory requirements, maintaining of personal protective equipment, and ensuring the overall health and safety of all production facility employees.
• Understanding the complexities of each production department and taking an active role in learning each process within each production department.
• Sitting in on and helping in resolving labor disputes, where requested.
• Bachelor's or Associate Degree, with course work in Production Management, Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering or other similar applied science.
• 1-3 years of previous experience working in a high-speed production atmosphere is highly preferred.
• Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams within different production environments.
• Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
• Knowledge of purchasing materials, maintaining equipment, and allocating labor needed throughout the entire production process.
• Proficiency in quality control, managing budgets, and production costing.
• Competence with computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
• Ability to work independently under the Production Manager and Supervisors, and as valuable member of a production team.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and collaborating with all departments throughout the production facility
• 100% Paid Health, Dental + Accident Insurance (employee-only coverage)
• Health Savings Accounts, with employer contribution
• 401(k), up to 6% match of your contribution
• Life Insurance, Short + Long Term Disability
• Vacation, Sick Time + Paid Holidays
• Additional supplemental insurances plans are offered
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing.
By submitting your application, you give permission to Kocher + Beck USA, L.P. to communicate with you by email, phone and/or text message (also known as SMS). You can opt-out of texts at any time by replying STOP. Message and Data rates may apply.