Accounts Receivable Specialist Description
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be located at the company's office headquarters location in Conshohocken, PA. This individual will be responsible for AR functions outlined below.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Key Responsibilities
• Receive paperwork from shipping, verifies documents for completeness, enter in Accounting system
• Process Invoices and submit to customers daily
• Process customer payments made to Spray via wire, ACH, check, and credit card, and post cash receipts to accounting system daily
• Research and reconcile any discrepancies, such as short pays or over pays
• Interact with customers via phone, email and formal letters to follow up on status of unpaid invoices and negotiate resolutions within Spray Products guidelines.
• Possess a working knowledge of electronic billing (EDI) in order to take appropriate actions to resolve AR
• Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or report
• Generate aging schedules and report on past due balances on a weekly basis
• Assist with checking credit references
• Reconcile and pay commissions
• Assist with monthly and year end closing as well as periodic bank audits and annual financial audit
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams involved in the Accounts Receivable process
• Work on special projects as directed
• Responsible for carrying out company policy and initiatives
Accounts Receivable Specialist Requirements
• High School Diploma required, Associates degree or higher a plus
• Previous experience in Accounts Receivables/Collections preferred
Accounts Receivable Specialist Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
• A strong sense of Ethics. Must uphold ethical accounting practices and model those behaviors
• Knowledge of manufacturing helpful
• Ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while performing with a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written English communication, presentation, and analytical skills
• Problem solving skills including continuous process improvement orientation is preferred
Accounts Receivable Specialist Physical Requirements
• Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing office
• Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend, and lift up to 10 lbs.
• Overtime may be necessary occasionally
Spray Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Spray Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spray Products are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Spray Products will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Spray Products encourages applicants of all ages.