Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Technician Job Description:
Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Control Technician will be located at the company's headquarters and primary manufacturing location in Plymouth Meeting, PA (Greater Philadelphia area). The Quality Control Technician manages the overall quality functions for the assigned shift. Interfaces with management, Quality Supervisor, Production Supervision and lab personnel to assure highest quality products are being produced. Accountable for following corporate policies and programs for quality.
Quality Control Technician Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains and reports product conformance to specifications through inspection of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods inventories.
- Testing such as: hP, viscosity, density, specific gravity conversions, moisture testing and solids testing
- Reviews production processes for conformance to quality standards
- Reports and tracks any significant deviations from quality standards
- Acts as liaison for all matters relating to quality of produced goods
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Provide support to operations (batching, lines, warehousing) with respect to performing transactions in our Deacom ERP system
- Transactions including but not limited to issuing materials to a job, inputting production, de-issuing materials, inventory transactions
- Responsible for carrying out company policy and initiatives
Quality Control Technician Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry and other science preferred -- or -- 1 to 3 years' experience in Quality; Prior Experience in Chemical industry a plus but not required
- ASQ, CQE or CQM certification a plus but not required
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate at various technical levels, with individuals in other business functions, and ability to function in a supervisory role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work collaboratively with Quality Control and Manufacturing to troubleshoot manufacturing problems/issues including system issues
- Demonstrate excellent writing and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Quality Control Technician Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing plant/chemical lab environment.
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for large periods of time
- At times will need to wear hard hat, hearing protection, and eye protection
Quality Control Technician Schedule/Salary:
- M-Th, 12 hour shifts, 6:45pm-7am
- Occasional Fridays if needed due to ad hoc production or holidays
- $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
Spray Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Spray Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spray Products are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Spray Products will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Spray Products encourages applicants of all ages.