Location: Orlando, FL
The Systems Engineer will provide technical consultation and analysis of SATCOM systems supporting Product Manager, Wideband Enterprise Satellite Systems (PdM WESS). This position is located in Orlando, FL.
- Provides expertise for SATCOM and associated sub-systems.
- Preforms functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and/or implementation advice on complex problems.
- Provide systems engineering required to upgrade and modernize deployed DoD terminals.
- Provide technical and engineering support for the development and maintenance related to SATCOM.
- Assist with design, plan, and documentation of upgrades, improvements, and engineering change notices for existing earth terminals.
- Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or higher
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in modem design, modem system analysis, IF/RF design, IF/RF analysis or DSP or familiarity with IF/RF modems, high efficiency coding, signal analysis, noise and interference analysis, digital sampling, D/A and A/D conversion, performance modeling
- Test experience: spectrum analyzer (SA), Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA), Bit Error Rate Test Set (BERTS), Eb/N0 test set, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Basic IP networking experience
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word
- Good written skills, including technical writing, specifications, analysis reports, test reports, industry standards, military standards, publications
- Good verbal communication skills, including public speaking, technical meetings, technical collaboration
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
Active DoD Secret Clearance required or ability to obtain one
25%-50% travel each month
Systek values diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities