See all jobs in Richardson TX
Job Location: Richardson, TX
One Company…Many Careers!
State Farm is seeking a bright, diligent Guidewire Integration Developer to join our Property & Causality Modernization Customer Communication (PCMCC) product suite. Ideal candidate must have a successful track record of software delivery, solution design, configuration, extension, customization and post live support experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter, API development and Application development in the cloud.
A Day In The Life Of A Guidewire Integration Developer - req13195
State Farm is focused on modernization efforts within the Property & Casualty systems. Software developers are to be engaged in a culture driving product ownership, team empowerment and innovative thinking. You'll be spending the majority of your time writing code in a small product team. As an experienced developer you'll be helping the team produce the highest quality software possible by collaborating on all phases of DevOps. Experienced developers are expected to contribute to including design, development, review, deployment, and production support. Experienced developers are also expected to continually assist in improvements for the user experience. You'll be working with PolicyCenter along with building restful integration services and interaction with many other product teams across State Farm. We work in an agile based software delivery culture. Your team will own product(s) throughout the lifecycle and deploy often using automated (CI/CD) delivery pipelines.
At State Farm, we also offer a wide array of development opportunities and a bright, fresh work environment at CityLine DFW.
Office Location http://citylinedfw.com/about/ …where we work hard AND play hard!
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several restaurants on campus.
We Are Looking for Candidates With
Required Technical Skills:
- 3 - 5+ yrs of Professional Experience in Java/JEE related technologies
- 3+ years of technical hands on experience on Guidewire policy center applications
- Excellent hands on experience in Java / GOSU
- GOSU, GOSU Plugins, Screen Configuration
- JSON and API development
- AWS platform experience and cloud native tools
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, any Engineering discipline, or related field.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Java/J2EE, SOAP/Restful webservices Development
- Gosu For Integration, Gosu Queries, Gosu Bundles
- GuideWire Integration Plugins Development using Gosu/Java
- GuideWire Integration with web services consuming, publishing
- GuideWire Integration with Messaging
- GuideWire Batch Processes
- Hands on XML, HTML/JSP, Spring MVC, CSS, AJAX, Junit
- Version control tools experience such as GIT
- Experience in DevOps including CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Code Coverage plugin/tools, Static/Dynamic code scan plugin/tools
- Experience in layered Java Architecture
- Work experience in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Good understanding of Property Casualty Insurance
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®
Come join our passionate team!