See all jobs in Rutherford NJ
Job Location: Birmingham, AL
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
Sales & Market Development Support Associates are driven, entrepreneurial teammates prepared to support physician recruitment and facility growth efforts, as we seek to lead the industry in organic growth. If you are someone that is passionate about our mission, vision and industry this role is for you. If you are someone that is adoptable, flexible, resilient, and driven to succeed then the opportunity for career advancement is in front of you.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Sales & Market Development Support Associate identifies and develops potential business opportunities and new targeted physicians or groups but does not have primary responsibility for closing sales. This role establishes strategic business relationships with physicians and key office staff to uncover market opportunities for SCA. The individual works closely with sales directors, facility leaders, and other support services teammates to translate business development strategies into specific initiatives.
- Work with Sales leadership and SCA Operations team to develop and update a comprehensive market assessment to inform the creation of a strategic vision and growth plan for the region
- Gather intelligence, generate leads, and present regularly to leadership to establish and adjust growth plans
- Participate in monthly growth team meetings and ongoing strategic growth planning and execution
- Canvas physician universe, identify interested targets, qualify, and present to physician alongside Sr Director of Sales
- Assist Sr. Director of Sales in maximizing case volume from all credentialed physicians
- Establish and maintain long-term physician and office staff relationships
- Regularly visit physician offices to meet with physician and his/her staff to assess needs and identify opportunities that will result in increased case volume
- Communicate physician or office staff needs, as identified, to sales and operations leadership team to create overall positive impact
- Identify other (non SCA) surgical sites of service the physicians are utilizing
- Understand and influence which cases can be moved to SCA facilities from hospital or competing sites of service
- Collaborate with other support service lanes regarding opportunities to influence physicians to shift business from other facilities
- Assist Sales & Market Development Directors and facility leadership in organizing physician credentialing and onboarding
- Build comprehensive knowledge of market and demographics
- Fully embrace all SCA tools, resources and programs to define any new and innovative procedures, service lines, reimbursement changes, or new referral programs can be leveraged with each center
- Help disseminate best sales and marketing practices across the region and SCA
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 relevant experience in marketing, healthcare, or communications
- Valid and good standing drivers license required
- Strong values fit with the SCA/Optum organization
- Ability to embrace change and pivot tasks as market priorities evolve
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills (both written and oral) resulting in proven relationship building capability
- Experience working collaboratively with a team to achieve results
- Extraordinary work ethic and ownership of goals and results
- Ability to work independently, networking and calling on all resources/contacts needed to successfully achieve objectives
- Ability to synthesize information to report to Senior Leadership and Partnerships
- Emotional maturity and personally secure; self-aware and accepts & provides constructive feedback
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) operates a network of 230+ ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals across the country with approximately 3,000 physician partners. The company's mission is to care for patients, serve physicians, and improve healthcare in America. SCA achieves this mission by focusing on its core values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement.