Location: Orlando, Florida, , United States
Position Title: Litigation Associate Attorney
Company Name: Confidential
Job Type: Full-Time
Personal Injury Firm seeking an associate attorney for our Orlando office.
Unique litigation position available for the right candidate. If you have strong research and writing skills and excellent analytical abilities but don't necessarily enjoy the pressure of arguing Motions before the Court or conducting trials this will be the ideal position for you. You would oversee the drafting of most complaints and discovery items from the firm by competent paralegal staff. You would handle complex or novel complaint drafting and tailoring discovery for specifics unique to each case. You would handle the responses to motions to dismiss and draft the oppositions or motions for summary judgement. You would attend most depositions. You would ensure compliance with all trial orders. Occasionally, you would prepare appeals as well. The position is that of the strong proverbial second chair where you could focus on the theory and writing aspect of the law without the worry or stress of attending the hearings or trials as the partners reserve those aspects of the case for themselves. You would be constantly collaborating with the partners on the case and its progress towards trial. This firm takes very unique approaches to cases and is constantly pushing the thinking on the way cases are handled and what constitutes a viable case.
- Managing litigation cases from complaint to appeal
- Attend hearings
- Prepare for and attend trials
- Take depositions of defendants, witnesses, and experts
- Preparing pleadings, discovery/discovery responses, motions and other litigation documents
- Analyze facts of case and propose strategies to Partner Attorneys
- Meet with clients and manage client expectations
- 3+ years' experience
- Florida Bar admission
- Excellent communication abilities both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Superior attention to detail and time management skills
- Understanding of auto accidents, slip & falls, general negligence claims
The firm offers a generous benefits package that includes 99% employer paid health insurance, competitive compensation and a generous paid time off program.
Please apply through the Florida Bar Career Center with a cover letter and resume.