See all jobs in Jacksonville FL
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
First Coast Surgery Center is a new 2 OR orthopedic and spine surgery center located in Jacksonville, FL. As one of the first overnight teammates, the person filling this role will have the opportunity to start as the surgery center implements its overnight stay program.
Benefits to working with us:
- We promote flexible schedules
- Our benefits begin on day one of employment
- We are committed to having a healthy work environment
- We are committed to work-life balance
- Our teammates are encouraged to volunteer and work on passion projects
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Seeking a qualified overnight LPN, RN, EMT or Paramedic to administer diligent care to outpatients via monitoring, assessment, intervention, and continuous reassessment. The teammate will provide care for post-operative patients recovering from anesthesia and must be dependable, detail-oriented, and a skilled problem solver who exhibits a collaborative work style. The teammate is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient care of the patient after surgery for observation.
- Exemplify our organization's values of Clinical Quality, Integrity, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient's medical and nursing care.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, etc.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient's care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure and under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Assesses patient status on admission and on an ongoing basis.
- Assures patient meets discharge criteria prior to discharge.
- Educates patient and/or family in post-op care. Provides written instructions, assures that instructions are understood, and provides information regarding how to contact the physician post-op.
- Documents all required information in patient's medical record.
- Willingly accepts and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Competent and responsive to emergency situations.
- Sets priorities to facilitate quality care and efficient patient flow.
- Nurse licensed by the State of Florida or Certificate in Emergency Medical Technology
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or EMT or Paramedics program
- 3-5 years of clinical experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS certification or completion of course(s) within 90 days of employment
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs, #Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA, #SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter