See all jobs in Bedford TX
Job Location: Bedford, TX
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially.
The position is for the Bedford, Texas location at a multi-specialty facility.
For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Accountable and responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating the operations and nursing staff for assigned areas in the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Coordinates activities routinely as appropriate with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality Committee(s).
The OR Circulating Registered Nurse position will provide support to the facility by performing circulating RN duties in the Operating Room at this multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Provides direct clinical patient care to surgical patients in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room for procedures each day (assuring all supplies, implants, and equipment is present and ready).
- Assisting with efficient Operating Room turn over between cases to prepare for the next case.
- Accurate and legible documentation in the medical record.
- Accurate and legible documentation of the inventory and maintenance of preference cards.
- Communicates effectively with department teammates, physician offices and patients to assure continuity of patient care.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of Texas;
- 1-2 years OR Circulating Experience REQUIRED;
- Multispecialty Operating Room experience strongly preferred. Center is heavy in GYN, General, GI, Urology, Ortho, ENT and Spine.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY.
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required.
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter