See all jobs in Jacksonville FL
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
First Coast Surgery Center is a new 2 OR orthopedic and spine surgery center located in Jacksonville, FL. As the first Surgical Tech, the person filling this role will have the opportunity to work with the CEO, Director of Nursing and other resources to ready the center for opening in the Spring of 2020.
Benefits to working with us:
- We promote flexible schedules
- Our benefits begin on day one of employment
- We are committed to having a healthy work environment
- We are committed to work-life balance
- Our teammates are encouraged to volunteer and work on passion projects
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The ST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization.
This teammate will also be responsible for purchasing and maintaining the facility's inventory to support patient care, and to achieve organizational goals as directed by the facility management. Effective inventory control and managing facilities budget for resources and materials in a manner that supports medical needs of the center. Fiscal responsibility in keeping material costs minimized without compromising quality.
Though this position will start as part time, it will be transitioned to full time closer to the center's opening.
Position reports to: Director of Nursing
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the RN and according to facility policy and procedure
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care and unit needs in an emergency situation
- Utilizes safe practices
- Orients the patient to the operating room environment
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team
- Assists with the preparation of the OR for surgical procedures
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients
- Knows and practices the principles and techniques of sterile technique
- Handles specimens in accordance with policy and procedures
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressings as needed
- Cleans instruments and equipment after use and returns into the proper area for storage and processing
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment
- Participates in sponge, instrument, and needle count with the circulating nurse
- Demonstrates ability to understand and uses autoclaves, scope washers and sonic washers
- Assists with stocking and replenishing supplies and restocking OR rooms
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care
- Checks updated schedule each morning and prepares room supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession
- Licenses or Certificates:
- 1-2 years OR Experience required
- Orthopedic and Spine OR experience required; Total Joint experience preferred
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills mandatory
- Computer experience with HST, Excel and Word
- Experience in Purchasing/Materials Management and/or Sterilization and Processing Department preferred
Please click HERE to apply
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates