See all jobs in Fort Worth TX
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Location: US-TX-Fort Worth
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Texas Health Joint Replacement Surgery Center is seeking an Operating Room Supervisor
We are a beautiful state of the art center with a 6 OR capacity specializing in Sports Medicine and Hip & Knee Replacement located at 6301 Harris Parkway in Fort Worth.
Comprehensive Benefits include:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - covered on day 1 of employment
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Always have your weekends, night and holidays FREE!
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Coordinate the daily operations of the OR and supervises the OR Technical Teams and Purchasing Coordinator to ensure a smooth operation of daily activities, to provide quality patient care, and an efficient working environment for physicians. Responsible for ensuring an adequate store of inventory for use in the facility, control and reduce inventory expense, and coordinate with AP Clerk on accounts payable functions.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Ensures adequate technical and clinical team coverage to meet scheduled cases
- Ensures necessary supplies and equipment available
- Efficiently solves problems that may arise in the OR throughout the day
- In collaboration with the Purchasing Coordinator, meets with sales representatives to discuss and negotiate pricing for equipment, supplies, and maintenance
- Provides oversight for clinical log updating
- Assists the Administrator and Director of Nursing in meeting all regulatory compliance issues
- Coordinates and provides training/orientation for new teammates
- Responsible for continuing education in-services for current team mates within his/her charge
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and in-service programs
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and operating equipment on an annual basis
- Attends professional training seminars related to job development and education
Secondary Position Responsibilities
- Works closely with Director of Nursing to make sure that all OR's team mates core competencies are reviewed and met on a yearly basis
- Participates in budget preparation and evaluation of clinical equipment purchases
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
Licenses or Certificates:
- Texas Licensure required
- Technical degree from a certified accredited surgical first assist program
Education, vocational training and experience
- 1 year Ambulatory or Acute hospital Surgery experience preferred
- Orthopedic experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of day to day OR operations
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.