See all jobs in Dallas TX
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Facility Description: Preston Plaza Surgery Center. We are a five operating room, multi-specialty out-patient facility that is accredited by AAAHC. We specialize in Orthopedic, General, GI, Pain, ENT, and Eye Procedures.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The CST is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The CST performs duties according to the scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization and certification board. Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures and effectively and efficiently assists the surgeon during the procedure. We currently have our staff working four days a week, with one consistent scheduled week day off. We do not work weekends, or take call.
Key Responsibilities :
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the RN and according to facility policy and procedure
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care and unit needs in an emergency situation
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical team
- Assists with the preparation of the OR for surgical procedures
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of patients
- Knows and practices the principles and techniques of sterile technique
- Handles specimens in accordance with policy and procedures
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of prep solution and applies dressings as needed
- Cleans instruments and equipment after use and returns in to the proper area for storage and processing
- Differentiates sterilization methods required for specific instruments and equipment
- Participates in sponge, instrument, and needle count with the circulating nurse
- Demonstrates ability to understand and uses autoclaves and scope washers
- Assists with stocking and replenishing supplies and restocking OR rooms
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing care
- Checks updated schedule each morning and prepares room supplies and equipment
- One year of Operating Room Experience Required (Strong orthopedic background preferred)
- Licenses or Certificates:
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Operating Room Technician Program
- Current BLS certification
- Certified in Surgical Technology
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates