See all jobs in Dallas TX
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time Employee
# of Openings: 1
Texas Health Surgery Center Dallas is currently in need of an Operating Room Manager. We are looking for a leader to oversee our 4 operating rooms and the staff. Our multi-specialty center is a fantastic place to work and build your career! We provide lunches, breakfast, hold monthly teammate achievement meetings and celebrations all to honor our incredible staff.
More great reasons to join our team:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability insurance
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel.
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of supplies.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or the Administrator.
Education - Required:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date (applicable to scope of service)
- Must have experience circulating in the operating room
- AAA experience preferred
- Leadership experience
- Two or more years of charge nurse/leadership experience in an ambulatory surgery center or within an operating room of an acute care hospital.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.