See all jobs in Boca Raton FL
Job Location: Boca Raton, FL
Location: US-FL-Boca Raton
Type: Part Time
# of Openings: 1
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Busy ambulatory surgery center with six OR's and two GI suites performing between 30 and 60 cases a day. Physician supported facility bonus plan annually. Lunches available daily for all staff. Other events and perks provided spontaneously throughout the year.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Looking for Full Time Preop/PACU Nurse for a busy ambulatory surgery center doing 30 to 60 cases a day. The Preop/PACU Nurse is responsible for providing safe, comprehensive and compassionate nursing care to the ambulatory surgical patient and family according to physician order, in compliance with the philosophy of the facility, standards of practice and regulations of governing agencies.
Key Responsibilities :
- Check updated schedule each morning and prepare supplies and equipment.
- Admit patient to Preop according to procedure.
- Assess patient's baseline status and communicate relevant information
- Administer and document medications as ordered by physician.
- Reinforce and clarify physician instructions and procedures to patient.
- Assist anesthesia with various blocks.
- Provide a safe patient environment
- Receive immediate post op patients in PACU, assess status and provide appropriate care.
- Follow physician's post op orders and protocols
- Review written post-operative instructions with patient and/or family member.
- Discharge patient upon order of a physician in accordance with policy.
- Provide emergency care and arrange transfer of patient to hospital, as needed
- Sets priorities to facilitate the flow of patient efficiently.
- Other ancillary duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Florida RN licensed
- At least 1 year prior Preop, PACU or critical care experience
- BLS ACLS PALS
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively while maintaining a calm atmosphere
- Must be available early mornings
- Must be available flexible hours
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter