TITLE: Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Service Supervisor
Handles all phases of maintenance relating to the completion of work orders, preparation of apartments for occupancy and implementation of preventative maintenance programs. Understands all functions of the Service Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and maintains all HVAC systems, furnishes plumbing upkeep inside and outside the buildings, ensures that roofs and gutters are in good condition, maintains all recreational facilities.
- Assists supervisor with the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make ready apartments in a timely manner; assists with overseeing the inspection of make ready apartments; and paints, cleans and prepares apartments for occupancy.
- Assures that a written explanation of work performed in each unit is left for resident.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, ensures that good public relations are maintained between residents and the maintenance staff.
- At the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, assist with the operation and maintenance of the pool and pool area to include proper chemical levels as required by local municipalities or other governing bodies, maintenance of pool equipment and furnishings.
- Completes all work orders within a 24-hour time frame.
- Adheres to all GPI personnel directives and safety requirements.
- Shares 24-hour emergency call duties with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Learns all aspects of on-site maintenance, implements all aspects of maintenance in preparing apartments for occupancy.
- Keeps all tools and equipment in good working condition.
- Maintains a good property appearance by keeping it free of trash and debris, maintains all recreational facilities as assigned.
- Reports any hazardous, emergency or unusual situations that could possibly be a violation of company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least five years’ experience in this field.
- Strong knowledge of heat pump, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems and carpentry.
- Must have HVAC certification; must have or be willing to obtain a Certified Pool Operator license.
- Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Good organizational skills and interest and enthusiasm for the job.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Works in residential buildings and outdoors.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks, climbs stairs or ladders, bends, stoops, reaches, uses equipment with hands, pulls, and lifts up to 50 lb.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.