We are looking for an experienced hotel General Manager to run the newly renovated Country Inn & Suites, Monona! We are happy to provide competitive wages and benefits package, a positive work environment and corporate culture. The hotel is currently not accepting guests and is a great time to build a strong team. Apply today!
Reports To: Managing Partner & CFO
Summary: Responsible for the leadership structure and drives the training, financial success, culture and overall environment of the property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements business strategies for the hotel which are aligned with brand standards and the owners’ overall mission, vision, values and strategies.
a. Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
b. Ensures alignment of the hotel’s operations with owner and brand set objectives by serving as liaison for owner relations in conjunction with corporate
c. Develops the annual budget and capital budget in conjunction with the Accounting Manager and Vice President of Finance and assists in obtaining owner’s approval
d. Collaborates with other company businesses to leverage resources, purchases, revenues and training opportunities
e. Strives to improve market penetration by adequately foreseeing the near future as well as long-term expectations on market development and maintain realistic yet ambitious targets 2. Achieves the hotel’s profit, customer service and revenue goals by directing the operation of the hotel
a. Maximizes revenue by developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing
b. Seeks opportunities to publicize the hotel through development and implementation of a public relations strategy and by building a network within the community
c. Works with the Director of Operations to continually improve hotel operations by evaluating guest services provided responding to opportunities within the market
d. Analyzes business results on a regular basis and takes actions to improve results as appropriate
e. Leverages system-wide expertise and resources where possible in order to incorporate best practices and deliver services on a cost effective basis
f. Ensures that the hotel adheres to brand standards of operations
g. Represents the management company in owner relations and maintains good working-relations and dialog with the hotel owners
h. Ensures the hotel adheres to all local, state and national employment, licensing, lodging, insurance, safety, contract and other laws and standards
3. Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement
a. Develops and recruits the human resources necessary to achieve the hotel goals
b. Directs the development and implementation of strategies and practices which support employee engagement throughout the hotel
c. Works in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources to oversee human resources management. Property responsibilities include the recruitment and selection, training &
development, compensation, recognition and performance management of the work force
d. Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
e. Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
f. Drives employee engagement through the creation and implementation of departmental action plans
4. Aligns with the corporate culture service standards to build and reinforce skills that create a lasting service culture that provides caring, comfortable and consistent experiences.
a. Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
b. Listens, empathizes, apologizes and finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
c. Provides genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
d. Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and works to resolve
e. Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Ability to know goals and best process to achieve them. Ability to analyze and reevaluate as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Able to resolve conflicts with guests, subordinate supervisors and employees.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities.
- Customer Service – Exceeds expectations and is the driving force behind the corporate culture for each property, leaving each customer with a positive experience.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality with financials and employee relations.
- Teamwork – Responsible for building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership - Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Also fosters a positive community involvement and recognition.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural and personal differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Upholds organizational values while maintaining the company’s best interest at all times.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Meets all deadlines as established by managing partners, corporate offices and brand.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts accountability for own actions.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Qualifications: Must have previous experience as a manager, be results oriented, have a valid driver’s license. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Must have a minimum of two years of experience as Assistant General Manager or Front Office Manager in a hotel or equivalent education as a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a two year degree in Hospitality Management.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Able to talk in front of groups of people.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and have strong financial acumen including budgeting, accounting and P&L statements.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in common software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.