Job Description: Immediate opening for a Wood Worker/Cabinet Maker for Camper van interiors. Strong experience making cabinets is a must. Your focus will be on the construction or wall panels, cabinets.
For more than 30 years, El Kapitan (www.elkapitan.com) vans have been known for stylish design, leading technologies, and unparalleled craftsmanship. They are objects of desire that speak to our inner longings for perfection.
- Craft / Assemble various components in van interiors such as wall panels, cabinets, etc.
- Clean and organize the wood-shop area.
- Perform quality control to ensure all parts are fitted properly.
- Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of continuous improvement to products and processes.
- Additional Job Information
Additional Job Information
- Workday is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Starting hourly rate ranges from $18.00-$30.00 (compensation is determined by experience and meeting the requirements listed above)
- Physical demands may require lifting and/or moving a minimum of 50lbs.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may frequently be required to: Stand, kneel, bend, squat, push or pull.
Company Benefits: El Kapitan offers all regular full-time employees Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
El Kapitan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of California.
- REQUIRED: 5 years of experience of woodworking in a cabinet shop or RV industry
- REQUIRED: Ability to construct and install various van interior components. This includes the ability to determine how to fit the components and using hand and/or power tools to make adjustments and/or fit them together.
- REQUIRED: Knowledge and ability to use the following woodworking tools: Pin router, hand router, table saw, jigsaw, band, belt sander, and other basic hand tools.
- REQUIRED: Ability to multi-task, this position is a very detailed oriented position
- REQUIRED: Knowledge of basic hand and power tools is required.
- REQUIRED: Valid Drivers License