Responsible for grading potatoes; keeping grading area clean; cleaning credit area; and re-grading other fruits and vegetables.
Duties and responsibilities
• Remove spoiled potatoes and put them in the correct bin.
• Remove green potatoes and put them in the correct bin.
• Remove misshapen potatoes and put them in the correct bin.
• Sweep the floor in the grading area each day.
• Pick up potatoes or other debris from the floor to keep the pathways safe for walking all day.
• Clean items on Master Sanitation Schedule as required.
• Tear open returned bags of potatoes and dump them into the bin.
• Tear open returned bags of onions and dump into the bin.
• Empty boxes and bags of other returned fruits and vegetables into barrels.
Re-grading Other Fruits and Vegetables:
• Look through boxes of fruits and vegetables and remove spoiled pieces.
• Sort tomatoes -- green ones in one box and pink/red ones in another.
• Run errands/make small deliveries.
• Help in other areas of the plant.
• Check the work schedule weekly.
• Grade from the pit one day per week.
- Positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
The temperature in the warehouse is approximately 60 degrees. During the harvest months, it may be cooler, as the evaporators will be running to cool down the potatoes as they come off the fields. The noise volume is equal to normal plant conditions which is considered loud. Earplugs can be obtained from the Production Manager.
The majority of the job responsibilities are performed while standing. The majority is defined as two-thirds or more of your working day. Ergonomic mats are available for each position on the grading table. To get to some stations for grading, must be able to climb stationary ladders. Occasionally we will need to move boxes filled with potatoes, fruits, or other vegetables. Occasionally isBack up defined as less than one-tenth of your working day.