We're currently seeking a Finance Manager to join our expanding team. The Finance Manager will manage the Area accounting, payroll, IT and internal control functions in a multi-site environment, owns internal control compliance for Area, works closely with Rosemont/Tempe Finance, Functional Area Leaders and Partners with Area Director to provide financial planning, analysis, and oversight in order to achieve Area and company goals.
US Foods is a leading foodservice distributor, we partner with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods has strong values, great benefits and pay. Come join our team where we help you make it!
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. From using sanitized interview rooms and social distancing to providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. Our safe workplace efforts include COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. We’re also providing robust support to our customers, from webinars and one-on-one consults with our experts to detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here.
Functions as partner for Area Finance Director and business support for Area leadership.
- Drive Business Results
- Lead cross-functional inventory adjustment meetings to maximize earnings
- Review Customer Profitability including margin opportunities and incentive deal compliance
- Collaborate with Area Director and Sales Management on new incentive/MDA agreement analytics and structure to ensure profitable sales growth
- Assist in driving revenue growth and enhancing profitability through Customer rebate review and approval
- Resolution of contract pricing questions and cost issues impacting customer pricing
- Management and training of CDMR process
- Research, track and resolve vendor related issues
- Planning & Forecasting
- Partner with Area Director in the development and administration of the division's annual budget and Balance of Year (BOY) forecasting:
- Independently develop annual budgets for up to four Distribution Centers as assigned by Area Director
- Accurately complete weekly Flash and monthly BOY forecasting including cross-functional collaboration on key business drivers
- Present plans and forecasts to Area Finance Director and Area Leadership
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Partner with Area Finance Director and Finance Service Center (FSC) to create and deliver timely and accurate financial statements
- Prepare internal financial management reports, internal control analyses, operational results flux and trend analyses, customer profitability analysis, and decision support to ensure goals are met
- Establishes and Maintains Controls
- Ownership of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance throughout DCs and Area
- Provide support to the Area President and other Area staff members as the point of contact for DC/Area accounting and internal control issues
- Management of fixed assets records
- Leads Area Finance Team Members
- Direct oversight of IT Coordinator, Payroll and Accounting staffs
- Dotted line oversight of cashier functions in both hub and non-hub locations
- Guide, coach and development of the accounting and IT staff
- Coordinate efforts of direct and indirect reports to ensure that daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities are met
- Function as back up for Area Finance Director on limited, as-needed basis
- Complete ad hoc projects, analysis and initiatives as requested
- Travel as necessary up to 30%
- Education/Training: BS in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance required.
- Related Experience/Requirements:
- Must possess minimum of eight years accounting and/or financial analysis experience or six years in public accounting.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- Prior experience supervising an accounting, financial analysis or public accounting staff required.
- Multi-site supervisory experience preferred.
- Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
- Deep knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOx.
- Broad skill set in financial analysis, and financial forecasting required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels in the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize activities in a multi-tasked environment required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status