Candidates considered for this position must live in one of the following states: New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, or Southern California.
Direct the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Advise dealers and distributors on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in sales and service accounting and record keeping, and in receiving and shipping operations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directing and overseeing the regional sales managers and their activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree; 8-10 years experience in a Sales and Marketing/Customer Service environment. Management experience required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be PC literate (MS Office) and have strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills; using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information; working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs; navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail)
- Conduct sales presentations; make presentations; conduct or attend staffing meetings
- Determine customer needs; identify best product for customers needs; sell product through advertising
- Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience; Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures