See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Job ID: 2019-1915
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
About The Role:
ARC is searching for a Senior Manager, Benefits Programs to join our Human Resources team. As a Senior Manager, Benefits Programs, you will provide thought leadership and input into the strategic direction and design of ARC's benefit programs as well as drive changes necessary to move towards best practices and improve processes. You will oversee the day-to-day operations related to ARC's health, welfare and wellness benefit programs and ensure that program offerings are aligned to ARC's business strategy. You will monitor federal legislation to keep abreast of changes and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations related to health and welfare programs. Additionally, you will work to ensure benefit program offerings enable ARC to attract and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
You will be based at our metro-accessible headquarters in Arlington, VA. Join us!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Lead a small team of benefits and support professionals. Establish priorities and oversee workflow. Coach and develop individual team members to foster growth, development and high performance.
- Oversee performance of benefit programs and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure compliance with all policies, service level agreements, laws and regulations and to ensure excellent customer service for ARC plan participants.
- Oversee day-to-day activities related to ARC's benefit programs including medical, dental, 401(k), wellness, life insurance, etc. Ensure that programs are compliant with current regulations and support the organization's strategic objectives.
- Research, design, and propose new or revised benefits offerings that align with the company's strategy. Participate in RFPs, vendor selection and implementations.
- Stay informed of changes to local, state and federal laws pertaining to health and welfare benefits; ensure appropriate system updates are implemented and maintained to ensure compliance and relevance.
- Oversee the annual open enrollment process to include annual benefits pricing, plan design, open enrollment fairs and communications. Work closely with internal communications team to create resources for employees to understand the value of their benefits.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure accurate benefits deductions from employee's paychecks and ensure that employee accounts get properly funded (e.g. 401K, HSA, FSA).
- Conduct audits of data to ensure processes and policies are being managed effectively and data quality is maintained/improved amongst internal and external systems
- Oversee vendor billing data including reconciliation, validation, payment and budgeting
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or HR-related discipline;
- 7+ years of progressive HR/Benefits experience with multi-state employer required.
- Professional benefits certification such as Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Has successfully developed and executed plan changes in partnership with vendors and outside consultants
- Extensive knowledge of benefits laws and regulations including IRS code, ERISA, PPACA, COBRA, HIPAA, Caf Section 125
- Experience with HRIS systems, report writing, electronic file feed;
- Microsoft Office proficiency; specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
You Will Also Bring These Professional Skills:
- Strong leader with the ability to interact and influence others
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects within prescribed deadlines
- Analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research, analyze data and solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively work across levels, and functions.
- Able to take initiative, effective at prioritizing multiple projects, comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply