See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Job ID: 2019-1906
# of Openings: 1
Category: Technology Development and Engineering
About The Role:
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will implement and optimize enterprise applications, focus on technologies and processes tying our application corporate systems portfolio together and ensure data is shared effectively and efficiently across our systems, both on premise and in the cloud.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain enterprise applications to support business requirements. Ensure solutions comply with technology standards.
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies, create design documents, and perform program coding and automated testing.
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems and processes that leverage technology to provide performance improvements and better user experiences.
- Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and level of effort (LOE) estimates of proposed technology solutions.
- Attend and participate in requirements review, design review, project status, QA defect tracking, and other project meetings as needed with stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving user reported problems.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field
- 8+ years' experience in IT as a developer, systems analyst or solution architect
- Experience with selecting, implementing, integrating, and supporting SaaS applications
- Java/JEE application full life cycle development experience
- Working knowledge of ETL technologies such as Ab Initio, Talend, Informatica, or DataStage
- Experience working with batch job control processing methods and API protocols
- Experience in writing SQL queries for Relational Databases
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, preferably of AWS
- Familiar with Windows, Unix/Linux, PL/SQL, and Shell Scripting
- Experience working with ERP or CRM packages is highly desired
- Knowledge of BI Platforms and Technologies such as Tableau, Jasper, Cognos is desired
- Experience working in an agile environment is preferred
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply