See all jobs in San Rafael CA
Job Location: San Rafael, CA
Req ID 2019-1492
Job Locations Life Enrichment/Activities
Job Category Temporary Part-Time
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
AlmaVia of San Rafael
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? AlmaVia of San Rafael is a vibrant assisted living and memory care community. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
The Life Enrichment Specialist position plans, coordinates and implements meaningful therapeutic activities and events for residents in our memory care and assisted living community. Works closely with Life Enrichment Director in providing programming to stimulate and support the social, physical, and emotional needs of our residents.
- Researches, plans, coordinates and implements resident-centered activity program based on the therapeutic and recreational needs of residents
- Works with Life Enrichment Director and care staff to arrange logistics for group activities and events
- Meets regularly with assisted living and dementia care staff to coordinates activity programming. Provides guidance and support for caregivers, activity coordinators and appropriately involved staff.
- Assesses resident function/interest in various activities, being alert to changes and communicates changes to Life Enrichment Director or Resident Care Director.
- Assists Life Enrichment Director in planning, scheduling, distributing and posting calendar of activities on a monthly basis.
- Supports Life Enrichment Director to develop innovative relationships with community resources, adult education, internship programs and volunteer sources to enhance opportunities for creative, cost-effective programming. Utilizes and trains volunteers as appropriate.
- On occasion may drive to and arrange for scheduled transportation to places of worship, shopping, medical appointments and social outings.
- Works with Spiritual Care, and other departments, to enhance the ability of activity programming to address the psycho-social needs of residents.
- Coordinates community volunteers and internship program to support a robust Life Enrichment program. Willing to mentor intern in gaining their therapeutic degrees.
- Conducts or facilitates training programs throughout the Community to increase awareness of therapeutic activities and involve caregivers and other staff in promoting the overall integration of activities into each resident's daily routine.
- Attends monthly resident activity committee mettings
- Performs other duties as assigned by Life Enrichment Director
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Master's Degree in creative art therapy (music, drama, art, dance or related area).
- Registered/Board Certified or eligible to obtain certification within the first year of hire.
- Experience in direct provision of therapeutic activities in long-term care setting and in development of therapeutic programs.
- At least 1 year conducting activity groups with the older adult population.
- Experience in working with older adults with dementia
- Possess a valid California class B Driver's license or must obtain within 1 year of employment
- Possess current First Aid Certification.
- Works beyond normal business hours, weekends, holidays and severe weather situations when necessary.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"