Type: Full-Time, non-exempt
Salary Range: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour (may be eligible for signing bonus) contingent on meeting the requirements listed below
May be eligible for signing bonus
How to apply: Submit resume and copies of credentials
Mile High Early Learning is a premier provider of early care and education for children 6 weeks to five years focused on growing great young minds and preparing them for kindergarten and the world using a Montessori inspired curriculum approach.
Consider joining a learning organization that is as focused on growing great teachers and early childhood professionals as we are on providing a high quality educational experience for our students. Mile High Early Learning invests in our teachers with on-going professional development including college courses, certifications, conferences and workshops. We regularly bring national experts to Denver to provide our staff with current and relevant learning opportunities not available elsewhere. Our Professional Development programs include semi-annual CDA trainings and our Early Learning Leadership Residency (MA) program in collaboration with the University of Colorado at Denver.
We are always looking to add talented, energetic, honest, positive, and creative people to our team. Negative people, gossipers, and whiners need not apply. Must be an outstanding communicator and rapport-builder with parents.
Responsibilities for the Lead Preschool Teacher include:
Lead a classroom of 17 preschoolers ages three to five
Lead the teaching team of two other classroom staff
Work closely as a teaching team to individualize the curriculum to meet the childrens needs
Support childrens social and emotional needs
Complete developmental assessments and screenings
Work as a team to complete parent/teacher conference and home visits
Encourage and support family involvement in the classroom
Create a safe and healthy learning environment
Supervise the safety of the children in care
Supervise volunteers and student interns as applicable
Communicate with coworkers and families in a warm and professional manner
Required and preferred qualifications for the Lead Preschool Teacher position:
- BA or MA in Early Childhood Education OR
- BA or MA in an unrelated field with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE
- Demonstrated teaching skills, as displayed by a minimum of 2 years of experience in the classroom
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to use appropriate communication and management skills including excellent writing ability
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, lead, and model exemplary instructional practices
- Understanding of adult learning and demonstrated ability to provide instructional support to others and adult learning principles
- Ability to work full time, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening meetings
Don't quite meet these requirements? Consider applying anyway and we can discuss a professional development plan to get you there.
Mile High Early Learning Offers:
- Signing bonus for HS Lead Teacher and ECT qualified candidates
- 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Employee discount for child care (65%)
- Health insurance (under $140/mth)
- Dental insurance (at no cost)
- Short term, Long term, and Life Insurance (no cost)
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Flexible spending for Health & Dependent Care expenses
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Mile High Early Learning is a drug-free work place and we perform pre-employment drug screenings.