Paradigm is growing and we are seeing some talented collectors to join our team!!
The Collections Specialist is responsible for generating the Aged Accounts Receivable reports to review with the Supervisor, Collections. Thoroughly review open accounts and any issues prior to contacting client. Develop relationship with client contact to review open AR on a weekly basis to reduce DSO. Create and maintain collection documentation for each client.
- Business to Business calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding collection issues, review and resolve client discrepancies and short payments as identified by AR Analyst.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts; customer calls, emails, open AR reporting, account adjustment recommendations.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Work closely with the Supervisor, Collections and other management when necessary to resolve aged accounts.
- Document collection correspondence for each client.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor.
- Internal and External customer interface.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Supervisor, Collections trending reports.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of PHI in line with HIPAA and internal Privacy and Information Security policies
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail.
- Medical Billing experience including reasons for denial, fee schedules, etc.
- Account Reconciliation.
- Excellent Communication, both verbal and written
- Understanding of Accounts Receivable and Collections, in a business to business environment.
- Data Entry Skills.
- Technical Capacity including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the core work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate Degree in business or equivalent and minimum of two years of proven success in Finance or Collections.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collection Procedures.
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proven success in reducing DSO and collections.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Medical collections experience preferred.
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.