See all jobs in Indianapolis IN
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, , United States
Position Title: Assistant Property Manager
Company Name: RADCO Residential
Job Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
Assistant Property Manager
RADCO Residential is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to join our established team in Indianapolis, IN. This will be for our Ashford at Meridian Hills location. This position offers competitive pay and an incentive bonus, 100% paid employee medical insurance, PTO and holidays, 401K match up to 6%, and growth potential.
* Reviews monthly financial reports and supporting data with Property Manager.
* Maximize gross rent and minimize vacant and delinquent rent loss.
* Calculate daily rent, prorate charges, late fees, and percentages (multiplication, division, addition and subtraction skills necessary).
* Bookkeeping Responsibilities:
* Collect, date stamp and bank stamp all rent checks daily.
* Scan deposits daily into specified bank accounts.
* Notify resident of returned check. If replacement certified funds are not received within 48 hours, post demand and file dispossessory.
* Keep managers informed on status of dispossessors' and file accordingly.
* Make all efforts to collect rental payments including going to the resident's apartment with an escort to collect in person.
* Completes move out statements for past residents and sends to your direct manager.
* Turn over collection files every 30 days. Monitor any payment plans and updates monthly.
* Ensure all reporting is done accurately and on time in Property Manager's absence.
* Ensure for processing of pre-close and accounting month end is done.
* Maintain communication with attorneys for eviction processes, court dates and attend hearings as necessary.
* Create basic POs as requested.
* 12 Weekly delinquency report to Regional Manager.
* Perform all tasks related to renting apartment homes including generating traffic, responding to telephone and internet inquiries, greeting prospective residents, touring prospective residents throughout the property, qualifying prospects and closing the sale by obtaining a rental application and a deposit.
* Visually inspect entire property (office, models, compactor, vacant, and amenity areas) daily for cleanliness.
* Accurately record traffic from all sources in Yardi daily.
* Convert minimum of 25% total traffic to leases.
* Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, if applicable, and processing the disposition in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
* Follow company's procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and maintaining communication with attorneys, representing the property as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
* Post all lease violations on resident doors.
* Ensure success of marketing efforts by tracking traffic, reviewing ads, and developing potential marketing leads.
* Pick trash up, operate trash compactor when necessary and if called for, carry cleaning supplies and/or vacuum up or down stairs to apartment homes, and clean apartment to bring it up to resident ready standards.
* Document all occurrences which need the manager's attention and immediately contact your Regional Manager regarding any emergencies.
* Record resident service requests accurately and in detail to assist the service team in the timely completion of all requests.
* Receive and acknowledge resident notices and enter the system.
* Keep all filing current.
* Schedule guest apartment and clubhouse rentals (if applicable).
* Operate office alarm system in conjunction with opening and closing the office.
* Deliver thorough move-in presentation to new residents.
* Complete all RADCO University training in time frame specified.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
* Communicate clearly to residents, both verbally and in writing.
* Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
* Deliver packages to residents' apartments.
* Coordinate, set up, attend and clean up after resident functions (food, tables, display areas, etc.).
* Responds sensitively to customers concerns and or complaints
* Acts as the on-site manager in the absence of the Property Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the maintenance supervisor, and managing the operation of the property in compliance with Company policies, procedures, and business practices.
* Motivates the leasing consultants and give consistent verbal and written feedback.
* Trains and develops subordinates (provides on-the-job training and schedules company training).
* Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with owners, conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property performance, and responding to owner requests as needed.
* Assists the Property Manager and leasing staff with other tasks as required.
* Comply with RADCO Residential policies.
* Embraces and executes the vision, mission, and beliefs of the Company.
* Punctual and present at work when scheduled.
* Flexible with the work schedule, including availability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
* Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property.
* Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI, and RealPage.
* Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with GAA Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
* Four years prior experience in property management or in a related industry preferred.
Education, License (s) or Certification (s) preferred
* High school degree required; college degree preferred.
* Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required.
* CAM, ARM designation preferred. May be required to become certified within six months of employment.
* Ability to earn future designations as required by Industry standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Sedentary work typically in an office or outdoor environment.
* Lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
* Walking, talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are frequently required.
* The position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
* Walking and driving a golf cart on the property may be required.
* Driving to client and/or corporate locations is sometimes required.
* 100% of the Employee-Portion for Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance Policies, including Access to Teladoc Services
* Voluntary Vision, Short-term and Long-Term Disability, FSA, HSA, Supplemental Life, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, Pet, and Legal Insurance Policies
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% Employer Match up to 6% of Gross Pay
* Comprehensive Wellness Program
* Accrued Paid Time Off Immediately Upon Hire
* Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Learning & Development Program
* Employee Housing Discount
* Internal Employee Assistance Program - RADCO Cares, Inc.
* Team Building Events & Volunteer Time Off (VTO) Opportunities
* Leasing & Renewal Bonuses