See all jobs in Nashville TN
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Job ID: 2019-8047
Job Title: Maintenance Engineering Grintern
Location: Antioch, TN
Please note, this is a Summer 2020 internship.
SmileDirectClub does not offer housing assistance for interns.
About Our Grinternship:
We believe everyone deserves a smile they love AND a career they love. SmileDirectClub's "Grintern" program allows college students the opportunity to work with one of America's fastest growing companies! From cutting-edge engineering technology to global marketing agendas, SmileDirectClub offers career opportunities in almost every field! Our Grinterns will be partnered with a mentor and learn from cross functional teams across the business as well as within the team they support. We're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
What is SmileDirectClub?
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the clear aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together.
The Maintenance Engineering Grintern will assist in the life cycle management of our assets. This person will have an overall understanding of value-added maintenance activities such as predictive maintenance technologies, preventative maintenance schedules and performing data analysis to eliminate/ reduce unplanned equipment downtime. The role will be based out of our Antioch, TN location.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide recommendations from data analysis to mitigate future and/ or like failures.
- Support engineering and operations on new launch activities as needed.
- Assist with/ perform simple maintenance on production, packaging, and material handling equipment
- Adhere to all plant and safety rules and regulations that are required to perform the duties of this position
- Perform data entry of work orders, assets, PM tasks, etc. into the CMMS software system as needed.
- Perform other requested functions related to plant operations as customer requirements and production demands dictate.
What to expect as a Grintern:
- Work on real time meaningful business initiatives
- Gain professional development and mentorship
- Experience the fun and exciting culture of SDC
- Opportunity to work with and learn from executive leadership
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to receive a full time offer
It will really make us smile if you...
- Are actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in an engineering or related field
- Are currently enrolled full-time and qualify as a 'Rising Senior'
- Capable of CMMS asset data analysis to understand problem assets and areas.
- Have knowledge of predictive maintenance systems (PdMs)
- Have knowledge of preventative maintenance systems (PMs)
- Have knowledge of automated equipment and process flows.
- Have knowledge of Kanban and other inventory control systems.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are eager to learn new technologies as required
- Are passionate about making people smile
- Are highly curious and have a strong drive for results
Want to learn more about us?
Check out https://smiledirectclub.com
Hear what our customers are saying: https://vimeo.com/233836276
See what our SmileShops are all about: https://vimeo.com/234533999
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do you celebrate your team members? Link here.