Electrical Maintenance Technician
Job ID: 2019-1966
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Maintenance
Boeing Mesa AZ
Servicon Systems, Inc. is the leading facilities maintenance contractor servicing the aerospace, industrial, hi-tech, and commercial sectors in southern California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Servicon has built up an impressive customer base which includes primarily Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as some of the most successful property management companies in the region.
- Typical tasks may include, responding to trouble calls and resolving a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, interpret basic schematics and diagrams, install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and rework precision machine tools and other precision manufacturing and production equipment.
- Inspection and service of primary machine tool elements, including bearings (rotary or linear), ways, gibs, wipers and machine axis leadscrews for wear and/or replacement.
- Inspection and service of secondary equipment components including hydraulic systems (pumps accumulators, valve controllers), Pneumatic control systems, fluid delivery systems (pumps oilers, coolant feeds).
- Inspection and service to working end devices such as spindles, turrets, tool positioning systems, trunnions and multi-axis tool/ part positioning systems.
- Maintain close-tolerances on precision machine tools/equipment using CNC compensation tables maintaining the original equipment manufacturer specifications.
- Use various types of test equipment and systems, such as oscilloscopes, meters, laser interferometer and ball-bar to test and maintain accuracy of machine components and systems.
- Maintain and utilize all necessary schematics, blueprints, wiring diagrams, technical documents, logic ladders, software, and procedures. Troubleshoot communication protocols to enable transmission and receipt of information between various machine tool/production systems.
- Knowledge of software programming languages, including, FANUC series machine controllers, PLC ladder logic, C+, and/or C++. Knowledge of numbering systems including binary, octal, and hexadecimal.
- Will utilize a variety of hand and power tools to renovate and repair facilities and related equipment. May receive specialized equipment training.
- May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment. General knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures is required.
- Participate in job planning and coordinating.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems in systems and components and determine corrective action including pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Edit programs to facilitate maintenance activity (alignments, ball-bars, etc.).
- Utilizes knowledge of programming language and codes.
- Use electronic, electrical and electro mechanical test equipment, instruments, measuring devices as required, operate shop tools.
- Knowledge of microprocessors and discrete components.
- Troubleshoot and maintain electronic control and controller devices, spindle systems, sensors, servo systems, PID loops, transducers, feedback technologies, magnetic devices and electrostatic discharge.
- Work with other Technicians and departments to assist in troubleshooting.
- Work with employees of different classifications who are engaged in the maintenance, installation, repair, retrofit, modification, calibration, adjustment, and testing of precision machine tools.
- Provide information to succeeding shifts using management approved tie-in methods. Responsible for records, logs, and updates.
- Utilizes the customer’s work order system for task management.