Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, ConferenceDirect is one of the worlds leading event management and hospitality services firms. We help clients save time and money by securing the best hotel accommodations, meeting space, conference venues, and hospitality services available at the most favorable terms possible. We are passionate about achieving better results for our clients and living our core values:
Title: Client Success Manager, Registration
Department: Housing & Registration, Charlotte NC
Direct Report: Registration Operations Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Work Hours: Full-Time. 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel: Travel possible with onsite assignments.
Summary: The Client Success Manager, Registration is responsible for meeting contractual obligations, building strong client relationships and working to maintain and/or improve client satisfaction. Typical functions include, but are not limited to, analytical review of reporting, consultative support and ensuring event success in partnership with the Registration Operations Team.
• Ensure client launches are defined, communicated and successfully implemented
o Identify areas of critical need and provide solutions
o Give feedback/updates as needed
o Monitor time spent on accounts to maximize efficiency and profitability
• Assist in the creation of event registration sites (limited computer coding required).
• Utilize systems to manage and report contractual service levels for assigned services
o Implementation Timelines
o 24-Hour Client Response Time
o Client Invoicing within 30 Days
o Client Surveys
o Customer and Financial Reporting within 30 Days
• Provide client reports to include strategic analysis and suggestions on registration numbers, pace and forecasting
• Function as point-of-contact for escalations for Client and Associate issues. Proactively provide recommendations for corrective action to leadership as appropriate. Troubleshoot issues, thereby identifying and remedying trends.
• Provide strategic recommendations for process enhancement, increasing efficiencies, improving service and retaining customers with assigned accounts.
• Plan and manage overall event using designated Registration Technology
• Execute testing of draft Registration sites and oversee editing process.
• Participate in weekly client conference calls as required
• Assist with planning and fulfillment of onsite registration desk including troubleshooting devices, approaching attendees, assisting the client with modification, and other logistics.
• Assist in the creation of onsite material and signage.
• Provide backup support to the department when team members are traveling or out of the office.
• Finalize the FAQ documentation per event and execute Contact Center training as applicable.
• Respond to escalated issues assigned from the Contact Center.
• Finalize contractual obligations completing close process and providing invoice within 30 days post-event.
• Promote additional services provided by ConferenceDirect such as Housing, Event Technology and Lead Retrieval
• Utilize all office tools in the completion of assigned tasks (Streampoint, Aventri, Cvent, Asana, Email Center Pro)
• Additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above may also be required as needed.
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Thinking
• Results Driven
• Customer Focus
• Technical Capacity
• Communication Proficiency
• Relationship Driven
• Task Management
This position does not require direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This environment would be expected if work is performed remotely as well.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Americans with Disabilities Act
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
The Company expects all employees to support our equal employment opportunity policy, and to take all steps necessary to maintain a workplace free from unlawful discrimination and harassment and to accommodate others in line with this policy to the fullest extent required by law. Moreover, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Company engages in an interactive process to establish reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as required by law.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience
• Previous experience and demonstrated success managing multiple projects at one time
• Previous experience in one of the following registration platforms preferred: Streampoint, Aventri, Cvent.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in-person, via email and over the phone
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to remain organized and clearly communicate in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to break down complex projects and initiatives into attainable project tasks using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work across organizations and lines of business
• Willingness to participate in departmental projects
• Ability to communicate in a remote working environment