MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful. The National Sales Manager position will report to the Division President and will be responsible for the overall strategic development and direction of the sales team. This position will be responsible for aligning Division initiatives to results by: establishing sales territories and quotas; leading the sales team to achieve profitable growth; build and enhance customer relationships; and operating with integrity while developing our people to achieve sales targets and revenue. They will also be responsible for the Proposals Team, who assist the Sales Team in developing project proposals.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Direct and develop the Regional and National Account Mangers - organize, train and develop staff and make appropriate recommendations and evaluate performance.
- Develop sales strategies and tactics to align with Divisional goals on projects and accounts to invest in and pursue, including how the department is organized, and assign actives accordingly.
- This position will be a key part of the Regional Leadership Team, representing the sales team and effectively communicating direction back to the team, keeping the team abreast of performance against the plan and making necessary adjustments as needed to meet target goals.
- Review all plans, specifications and contract requirements for a selected project, prior to the submittal of budgets or proposals.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns.
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development, as well as other cross-functional departments to ensure brand consistency
- Lead new product launches for the sales team and ensure sales team members are on board
- Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts, resolving any customer complaints on sales or services.
- Represents the company at industry association meetings and trade shows to promote product.
- Prepares sales forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Negotiation Skills - reach outcomes that gain the support of all parties.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Organized - follows a systematic method to perform a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Required bachelor's degree (four-year college or technical school) in Sales, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and lead others to achieve team goals. Preferably 3-5 years sales leadership experience and 5-7 years sales experience.
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Experience managing high performance sales team and projects/accounts.
- Solid customer service and team management skills
- Sandler or Wilson Learning, or equivalent, sales training experience preferred.
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and ERP software knowledge
- Web-enabled applications and basic AutoCAD Systems
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.