Job Location: Manchester Village, VT
Location: US-VT-Manchester Village
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Are you inspired by luxury and tradition? We are. And we're surrounded by it every day. Connect with our history while simultaneously building the future of quintessential resort travel at The Equinox Resort & Spa. We are a team that often celebrates 20+ years of continual employment for our associates. People don't just come to work here, they stay ... and grow.
Our luxury property has a long tradition of providing unique experiences and genuine hospitality to prominent historical figures as well as individuals, families, couples and groups for over 200 years. Our employment opportunities run the gamut from part time and on call positions to long-term roles offering unlimited growth and advancement. Living and working in beautiful southern Vermont is a dream for many that can be achieved at The Equinox Resort & Spa.
We seek staff with a passion for travel, local food and drink and a spa-inspired lifestyle with a demonstrated team-oriented approach to work and life. We offer competitive wages, on-the-job training, benefits and perks and privileges including a FREE shift meal in our caf, flexible scheduling, competitively-priced insurance coverages, paid time off, FREE uniform, FREE parking and so much more.
Join the first luxury resort in HEI Hotels & Resorts' portfolio - The Equinox - A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa. Apply today!
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Direct the day to day operations of all areas of the kitchen including outlets, banquets, stewarding, and purchasing.
- Manage Human Resources in the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe environment. Interview, hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles and discipline and terminate as appropriate.
- Plan and manage the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food in the hotel in a safe, sanitary, cost effective manner.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Develop, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet/exceed management/budget objectives.
- Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within corporate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Execute and promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is desirable.
- Five+ years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.