See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
In the urban village of Rosslyn, Le Mridien Arlington is centrally located among top destinations in the Washington, D.C. region. This stylish boutique hotel is also close to numerous restaurants, shopping options, and corporate offices. Amuse boasts innovative Italian cuisine as well as an inviting terrace with close views of the Potomac River. Meanwhile, Amuse Bar is a sophisticated setting for lounging and enjoying signature cocktails and renowned wines. Our 154 engaging guest rooms and suites provide ample space for business, leisure, or an intersection of the two.
Le Meridien Arlington inspires its artists to savor the culture and enjoy the offerings of its local area. Together with competitive benefits programs to include the tuition reimbursement program and employee assistance program, creative and health initiatives, our artists collaborate together to cultivate and make new experiences come to life.
Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
- Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.