See all jobs in Tampa FL
Job Location: Tampa, FL
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, is a unique and stylish hotel that defines an authentically modern Florida lifestyle. The Westshore Grand offers distinctive, luxurious Florida-inspired design, as well as an energetic and service-minded atmosphere. Conveniently located in the Westshore business district, just five miles from downtown Tampa and the Tampa Convention Center, our hotel is ideal for business and for play. Some of the benefits we offer to our associates include free meals, complimentary covered parking, monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations, and hotel room discounts throughout the Marriott, Starwood, and Ritz Carlton portfolios. Apply today to join our growing team!
Responsible for total room, banquet, catering, and room rental revenue, yield strategies, implementation and accountable to a market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies to include market mix, pricing, status, and direct sales. The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Recruit, Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and HEI standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department, executive committee, and related meetings.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develop rates, group sales and catering deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state, and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of sales leadership in similar sized operation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training, and motivation of managers.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and external customers and staff in all situations.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.