Proposal & Pricing Intern
Job ID: 2019-2107
# of Openings: 1
Karna is seeking a Proposal and Pricing Intern in Atlanta, GA to support the development of federal government and commercial proposal pricing and the accompanying documents. This Intern will collaborate with members of our Growth, Business Operations, and Programmatic teams in order to acquire the general skills and knowledge of corporate infrastructure. The candidate will expertly use Microsoft Excel and Word to perform pricing calculations and document key elements of the company’s pricing. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, updating, and validating the accuracy of pricing and then developing, writing and editing the supporting proposal text to ensure there is a well-documented approach to the proposal. This position is available as part-time during the semester, increasing to full-time during the summer.
- Work with the bid lead and proposal manager to ensure there’s an understanding of bid requirements and pricing format and approach.
- Support the Proposal team to develop and edit various documents for BD and Proposal use.
- Use MS-Excel to perform pricing calculations and assist bid lead with budgets and financial planning.
- Use MS-Word to write non-technical sections of proposals (from supplied templates) and insert pricing from Excel.
- Write a narrative surrounding the pricing so that the reader can easily understand the pricing methodology and inputs.
- Enhance proposal quality with stylist and substantive editing and formatting of text.
- Additional activities may include tasks such as filing, data entry, and coordinating meetings.
- Expert-level understanding of MS-Excel and MS-Word including advanced formatting and formulas.
- Bachelor's or Master's in progress in Business, Finance or related field preferred.
- A working knowledge of the concepts of direct costs and indirect costs.
- Excellent math skills that allow an understanding of the “burdening” of direct costs with indirect costs.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare a variety of business documents.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables in a fast paced environment, with 100% correctness.
- Exceptional (internal) customer service with the ability to work well with others for the successful achievement of goals.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- This position is based in Atlanta, GA - no remote opportunity.