See all jobs in Roseville MN
Job Location: Roseville, MN
# of Openings 1
Company Information: Horton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in reliability, service and innovation has an opening for an Sr. Supply Analyst/Supply Analyst to work in our Roseville Corporate Headquarters.
Position Summary: Responsible for corporate transactional purchases, implementation and administration, as well as strategic contract execution. Effectively selects suppliers, sources materials, products, and services in order to attain the highest component quality and most cost effective product availability, in concert with company needs. Participates in maintenance of the supplier management system to assure performance objectives are met. Develops general company-wide cross-functional relationships. Analyzes supply chain capabilities for materials and services, and develops strategic supplier relationships to serve the needs of the technical, production, and purchasing functions.
- Manages all administrative aspects of purchasing for new product development and the MRO process at corporate headquarters, from supplier sourcing to negotiation of agreements and prices
- Completes corporate transactional purchases, implementation and administration, as well as strategic contract execution.
- Generates supplier ratings and monitors performance, where needed drives changes to improve supplier performance
- Generates and maintains a well-rounded database of authorized suppliers capable of reacting within time line and technical requirements.
- Interfaces with technical sales and Engineering's Product Development team members to obtain forecasts and technical requirements for materials to be purchased or manufactured. Executes supplier communications that reflect short and long term expectations.
- Assists in projects of strategic importance as requested to retain global competitive advantage for Horton, while supporting cross-functional program and issue resolution.
- Acts as the official Point of Contact for communicating information and expectations between Horton and the supply chain.
- Analyzes supplier capabilities for materials and services, and develops strategic supplier relationships that serve the needs of technical, production and purchasing functions.
- Sources materials, products, and services that meet global and strategic objectives.
- Assures the highest quality and timely delivery of materials, at the most effective total evaluated cost.
- Develops a strong working relationship with production facility buying and materials personnel for coordinating component transitions and effectivities.
- Acts as back up to plant purchasing staff in situations of buyer absence, as requested.
- Seeks to establish relationships with current and new suppliers through personal meetings, in order to communicate mutual expectations of performance and trust.
- Provides input to the process of selecting an optimum number of suppliers in order to balance healthy competition while fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
- Works with Quality Assurance staff members to qualify potential suppliers by determining their ability to perform quality work that meets expectations.
- Retains a strong working knowledge of Procurement Policies & Procedures, and maintains supplier
- Quality Records in an audit ready state.
- Negotiates with qualified suppliers to obtain the best overall level of performance, cost, and flexibility in providing products and services, while retaining win-win philosophy for enhanced supplier partnerships.
- Interacts with other functional areas for expedient purchasing and supplier issue resolution.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a supplier performance management system that establishes and tracks standards of performance for production suppliers, including audits of deliveries, flexibility to inventory management programs, and quality of components provided.
- Works with IT, Materials, and other departments to develop and implement effective scorecard mechanisms from the business system for evaluating supplier performance against program needs.
- Analyzes the value of products and services purchased, and conducts follow-up activities to communicate the results of evaluations to key personnel and the business system.
- Interfaces with engineering to assist in new product development & production improvements. Establishes an environment of idea sharing that develops effective supplier and company-wide cross-functional relationship.
- Works with engineering to issue requests for quotation, evaluates responses, and communicates needed information and recommendations. Manages
- Purchasing responsibility in the associated ECO process.
- Places purchase orders, monitors delivery, and formalizes receipts, as required.
- Tracks the progress of first article components, from ordering through inspection.
- Encourages product/component standardization in order to create economies of scale and reduce variables, thus enhancing quality and developing potential cost savings.
- Facilitates communication between Engineering and suppliers to explore opportunities to use new products offered or available as solutions to product design challenges, or to improve upon existing designs or specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent purchasing experience with technically based procurements.
- APICS certification and CPM certification .
- 3-5 years' work experience desired in purchasing / supply Chain.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Relocation allowance may be provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, qualified candidates should log onto https://careers-horton.icims.com.
Horton Holding, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. EOE. Veterans/Disabled
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at www.hortonww.com.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
VEVRAA contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected Veterans