Vendor Management Specialist - Claims
Job ID: 2019-2113
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The Vendor Management Specialist will develop and align our vendor strategy to best drive operational excellence with a focus on optimizing spend, efficiency and maintaining a best-in-class customer experience. This position will build relationships and collaborate with internal and external business partners and strive to continually improve the gold standard of UFG claims.
- Responsible for development and oversight of current and future vendor process and relationships for the Claims organization. Includes development of best practices in vendor selection and retention.
- Serve as the primary contact for vendor inquiries. Communicate frequently and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with multiple work streams to help establish and communicate expectations and procedures to ensure a successful launch and partnership with vendors.
- Responsible for development and evaluation of key performance metrics and vendor scorecard.
- Research and resolve issues or inquiries involving vendor processes and partnerships.
- Develop and perform quality assurance activities for vendor partners.
- Ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory agencies. Request and/or assist in the development of correction action plans when necessary.
- Collaborate with several work streams to identify opportunities for more efficient processes and recommend solutions focused on continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple work streams on the implementation of creative solutions.
- Deliver regular updates to various levels leadership to include performance reviews, recommended actions, improvements, or opportunities.
- Partner with Corporate U/W, IT, and PMO to develop a standardized approach to vendor management and collaborate on solutions that impact multiple areas of the company.
- All other duties as assigned, relevant to the position.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in vendor management with a property and casualty insurance company
- RFP experience is a preferred (leading role in a RFP process is a plus)
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Possess strong strategic and big-picture thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Demonstrate ownership with all responsibilities.
- High attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Be a strong influencer to promote a strong company culture.
- Advocate for progress and ability to influence and champion a new way of working.
- Ability to effectively lead, coach and motivate a group to deliver stated objectives with deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact and build trusting and collaborative partnerships quickly with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to operate in an iterative, agile environment with strong cross-discipline team collaboration.
- Excel in organizational and efficiency skills.
- Quick study of new or potential systems or programs.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and other business related software.