• Work on commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, and development.
• Communicate professionally with business leads, internal and outside counsel, and third parties.
• Review and complete due diligence. Respond to due diligence requests.
• Draft, edit, and file transaction documents, including letters of intent, member and manager consents, promissory notes, and continuation and termination notices. Review and negotiate vendor contracts. Handle correspondence.
• Coordinate and help close real estate acquisition, sale, and finance transactions. Track and complete post-close requirements.
• Complete applications and compile documents needed to obtain real property entitlements.
• Engage surveyors, consultants, title companies, and other vendors and professionals.
• Form limited liability companies and other entities; qualify as necessary to do business in foreign jurisdictions
• Work with accounting department to ensure timely payment of contractual obligations, including earnest money deposits.
• Calendar and manage transaction deadlines.
• Research matters ranging from entity standing to property filings to litigation status.
• Proven analytical and organizational skills. Ability to pay close attention to detail in an efficient manner.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Problem solve, think independently, and tackle projects with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility on work hours as needed to ensure completion of tasks and successful closings.
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office programs and document management.
• Have experience in sophisticated commercial real estate transactions.
• Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Be team players.
• Be able to spot problems and find solutions.
• Have a professional working relationship with fellow employees and outside parties.
Job Type: Full-time
• Paralegal: 5+ years (Preferred)
• Bachelor degree (Preferred)
• Paralegal certificate (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
Rewards and Benefits:
Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Gap, Dental and a selection of ancillary choices
Flexible Spending Account Options
Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and HealthiestYou - *100% employer paid for employee*
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
10 Vacation days, 10 Paid Holidays, Sick Days
Stipend for Gym Membership
Individual and Leadership Development
About Virtua Partners:
Virtua Partners is a global real estate services and private equity firm. We sponsor a variety of investment funds and commercial real estate projects across the United States. We are comprised of (9) nine operating subsidiaries; each has a specialized focus in the real estate services space. We focus on key areas such as land entitlement, development, acquisition, debt restructuring, structured finance, property management, hotel management, asset management, capital raising and fund management.
At Virtua Partners, we foster a highly competitive environment where personal growth, mutual respect, a consistent feedback loop and flawless execution are the cornerstones of our culture.