See all jobs in Denver NC
Job Location: Denver, NC
Category Assisted Living
Type Full-time and Part-time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
Both full-time and part-time opportunities available!
Under the general direction of the Supervisor-In-Charge, Personal Care Assistant's provide direct personal care and assistance to residents as needed.
- Provide personal care for each resident assigned by the Supervisor-In-Charge (SIC) or Resident Care Coordinator (RCC).
- Observe resident for any change in condition and report to the SIC and/or RCC.
- Assist with maintaining a safe environment
- Assist with meal service and provide eating assistance as necessary.
- Assist with all activities of daily living as needed (shaving, bathing, fingernail care, dressing, toileting, grooming, hair care, oral hygiene, etc.).
- Daily bed making and scheduled bed linen changes.
- Helps to maintain each resident's independence, self-respect, personal dignity and personal safety.
- Assists the Activities Director with planned activities and encourages residents to participate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to document CNA certification or completion of PCA 80 hour training.
Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Must have the required two-step Tuberculosis (TB) testing in accordance with NC Adult care Home Rules.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Well lighted, air-conditioned/heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outside on occasion when required by resident care needs (i.e., resident walks or other outdoor activities).
Protective Equipment Used/Equipment Needed
Latex gloves, goggles, for standard precautions. Office equipment (copier, computer, fax machine, telephone), fire extinguisher, wheel chairs.