Location: Windsor, California, 95492, United States
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician
Company Name: Health First Pharmacy
Job Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Associates Degree
Required Travel: None
The licensed Pharmacy Technician will support pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. Under the supervision of the Pharmacist-in-Charge and Lab Manager, the Pharmacy Technician compounds custom prescription preparations, while maintaining an orderly and compliant lab. The job is for non-sterile compounding only.
Shift: 9am-6pm Monday through Friday. No evenings, weekends, or major holidays!
- Process medication orders or prescriptions
- Support the pharmacists in more complex batch preparations according to a predetermined formula
- Fill bottles with prescribed tablets and caplets, and type labels for bottles
- Assist in preparing and dispensing medication
- Gather patient specific data for prescription and billing processing, including, but not limited to delivery preferences, allergies, etc.
- Operate and use appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents
- Follow the healthcare center's policies regarding medication preparation, labeling, and controlled substances reconciliation
- Support in purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies
- Help maintain orderly, clean environment in the Pharmacy, including cleanliness of pharmacy stock and supplies
- Place stock on shelves or racks
- Collect / pick up empty containers or rejected merchandise
- Receive and store incoming supplies; count stock and enter dates in computer to maintain inventory records
- Clean equipment and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Possess good mechanical aptitude to work with compounding equipment
- Proficient in basic computer and typing skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products, services and drug interactions preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Must be licensed by the State as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Must be able to work in a USP 800 room, wearing face mask, gown and gloves
- Experience in USP 795 and USP 800 compounding is preferred
You'll enjoy working in a small, supportive workplace, focused on promoting optimal health for patients and employees. Health First employees adhere to company core values, which include the characteristics of being a team player, being passionate and determined, being humble and prideful. We are looking for a creative and open-minded technician that is pursuing growth and learning in their profession.